Thursday, October 1, 2009

I'm getting behind again....


I just wanted to post this because I think this song is amazing. It's about gaining freedom in Iran, obviously.

Also, I saw this article today and am way more excited about it than I should be. New York Times and Time and I'm sure lots of others had articles about it too, but this is the best I think. So yeah, they found a pre-human ancestors that is about one million years older than Lucy. The really amazing part though is that it's more human-like than ape-like, which suggests our common ancestors with great apes probably was more human like and the really ape like features evolved later on with those species. Thing like enlarged canine teeth, for example. I just love this kind of stuff! I think it's so unbelievably fascinating.

Along the same lines, I'm in love with this man. Ken Miller is brilliant. I especially love the ending of this video where he completely owns creationists. It's one thing to believe God created us and the world, it's completely another to deny something that we have piles and piles of evidence for. Is it so hard to admit that maybe, just maybe, God created evolution. Maybe being created on day 6, according to the Bible, means day 5 was for Homo ergaster, and day for was for Homo habilis, then Australopithecus afarensis, and so on. I just find it extremely naive and prideful that people would consider themselves too good to be evolved from some lower beings. Just get over yourselves already.

In other news, Jason got the job! That means we're moving to New York! So excited and freaked out, at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. Sooo...when you putting your two weeks in? ;) haha <3 !

    ReplyDelete