Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Opposite of Spring Cleaning


Yeah...it's been a while. I know. I just haven't wanted to look at this thing for a while. Not exactly sure why though.

Anyway, I've been trying to clean up the house, get rid of old papers and sell some old books, dvds and cds online. Funny thing, looks like I'm not alone! I just thought that was really strange that KimDonesia happened to write a few blog posts about it just as I happened to be cleaning up.

There were two huge boxes of crap in the closet. The last two boxes that hadn't been unpacked after moving in. I went through and cleaned them all out last night and cut the stuff down by half. I will get rid of more once someone comes home around Little Baby Jesus Day time (that means Christmas).

I went to an office supply store today to get some packing tape for shipping off books and I bought a box to put hanging files in for about $15 and thought that it was a bit expensive and I wanted one with a lid. I went back afterword to exchange it and as I walk in the door right there is a pile of hanging file boxes with a lid on sale for $5 each. It's the little things that make me happy :)

Little Cat like helping me clean, she sat in the box while I tried taking things out of it. I'll post a pic once I get it on the computer.

My husband's been in New York since Sunday. I miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment