Friday, September 11, 2009

I'm sort of falling behind with the posts....

I'm trying to write interesting things...anything at all really, but it's kind of hard. Since I spend most of my work day on the computer, I don't want to be on it at home much (except to watch tv since our tv is hooked up as a second monitor), and I don't feel like writing blog posts at work with people looking over your shoulder.

I did something that made me feel really good a little while ago. I told American Express to shove it. They send me a letter last month telling me they're raising my interest rate. I told them to f-off, but in much more polite and sarcastic wording. I posted it as a note on my Facebook, if you care to read it, as I wrote them an e-mail instead of talking to "Francisco" in Bangalore again.

I watched a video of a talk Rick Steves did in the bay area about making his Iran special. It was really interesting. I love Rick Steves...he's a man god <3. He's having some classes up in Edmonds on the 3rd, where he is actually doing the speaking, so I might drag my husband along :D Ah...Rick, how I love thee! Actually, a girl I work with lives in a house w/ a bunch of room mates and she said one of her room mates actually knows Rick. He was over there once for a party (his birthday, I think she said, is what is was for) and the girl was hula-hooping drunk with Rick! I don't think Rick was drunk, just her, but I'm soooo jealous!

Since I've been doing so much reading about Islam the last few weeks, I figured it was finally time to start actually reading the Quran. Unless a book has a really good thrilling plot I'm very much a "book jumper", meaning I'll read a little of everything here and there. I got bored with the other Islam books I was reading, though I plan on finishing the one about Muhammad, even though I got bored at the war part. I like the Quran, it's organized a little bit like my brain sometimes is. Basically, it's not ordered chronologically, but from longest part to shortest, so it can skip around a bit. Plus it restates things a lot, which is good for remembering. So yeah, the Quran basically is perfect for my ADD brain that gets bored easily!

I want to go to Turkey so bad. Heck, I want to go anywhere just about now. Ich have schwer Wanderlust. Schade :/

That article made me see this article about drive in movie theaters. I didn't even know those still existed. The only one I've ever been to was in Montana, and my god people, it's Montana!

Also, an interesting article about religious diets, especially considering it's Ramadan right now.

Finally, today is 9/11, and we all know what that means. I've seen lots of status updates and what not today about the anniversary, but I think I'm going to try to do it some justice by not trying to sound all "We shall never forget!" and just choosing to remember as oppose to being poetic.

So yeah...that was my ADD post for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment